Look at those tiny cars!! We see these driving around the streets everyday with huge Italian men inside. I don’t know how they fit. Maybe they live in there. Also, note to immediate family—I call them duk-duk’s, because, look! We have one of those!
Here’s a test. Which is the key to my dresser and which is the key I bought in a store in Utah because it looked awesome and old?
You can’t even tell! They use skeleton keys for everything over here. One day I wore my skeleton key (I put it on a chain and made it a necklace), and three people in my group asked me why I was wearing my house key. That’s cute. So, turns it out they aren’t as much of a novelty here in Italy as they are in Provo. I should just start wearing my house key from America on a chain. That would be unique.
This street reminded me of The Bridge of Sighs in Venice. But without the water underneath. Lucky for that guy.
This is the classic tourist picture.
It looks right down onto the Campo, which is one of the coolest places in Siena. This view is on my way to school, and it takes me about a minute to walk ten feet, because it’s always so packed with giant groups of Germans, Americans, or senior citizens on vacation. When I took this picture there was hardly anyone there (must have been a glitch in the Matrix) so I jumped on the opportunity and took my very own touristy picture.
Just a little bit of the Tuscan country side out my window at school. I believe this was just after a rain storm.
And here’s some more Siena
Look at these guys! One day on our way from school to the gelato shop, we stumbled upon this giant chess game smackdown. The old guy on the right (who was pacing right as I took this picture...how chess-y of him) was the champion-est champion. The tournament went on for two days, and every time we walked by that old guy was schooling some punk kid. What a wise old man. They were playing in “Head Square,” dubbed thus because of the creepy row of heads sticking out of the roof of some building, overlooking everything down below.
…Is there a point to that?!?
This is in the cathedral in Siena. It’s beautiful! And the whole inside is covered in horizontal black and white stripes, which was a very unique design.
And in conclusion, creepy heads.
6 comments:
your dresser key is so cute. wow. you should wear that on a necklace too. I saw Mr. Nickel yesterday and told him where you were--he demanded an email. Also, tell him your blog address!!
Haha the heads ARE creepy! And you are so cute in these pictures! Is it getting colder there? And I agree with the key thing, Tiff has two key necklaces and they are so cute. So which one is your house key? And lastly the cathedral is beautiful and thanks for putting us scenery of Sienna so I can continue to drool!
shelby don't drool...you'll get it all over the place...i've still never had gelato before. thanks for all the pictures!
sharlie, you look so cute! i've never had gelato before either mandy. i love that you keep us updated on your life! when are we goign to skype?
That picture of you standing on the walkway (there, may even be water underneath) with the houses on the hillside in the background, that is where I want to stand first and see Sianna. Beautiful!!!
P.S. We will drive there in the duk-duk.
Post a Comment