Sunday, November 16, 2008

New vistas

It’s the end of one journey, but just the beginning of another. Monday morning we are taking a bus to Venice. Monday night we will stop over in Padova to spend the night in an ancient monastery, then we’ll hang out in Venice from Tuesday to Friday. From there, Kimberly, Lauren, and I will forge our own way. We decided (after thinking up, planning, and discarding about seven other plans) to see what Hungary and Croatia have to offer. At this point we have very little besides plane and train rides planned. It’s going to be an adventure! And don’t worry, Lauren’s learning Croatian. She’s already got, “Does ANYONE here speak English?” down. This may be my last post for a while, as I have no idea what sort of internet options I will have in the next two weeks. So, wish us luck in the motherland of ballpoint pens and ties! …Both invented in Croatia. Who would have thought?!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Bye Sharlie! Have an awesome adventure!