Sunday, August 31, 2008

All roads lead to Rome

...However, not all airlines do. At least not at any decent hours. I had my first sleeping in the airport all night experience. And when I say "sleep" I really mean doze off for fifteen minutes at a time on a hard bench with your head at a strange angle and a frigid breeze at your back (where does that even come from??) while clutching all your baggage in fear of some shady foreign thief. Or more likely, some crazy person putting drugs in my bag, in which case I'd be hauled off to a Thai prison for a few years. Also, my name is Claire Danes. But luckily, I avoided the hairy, foreign, drug pushing bad guys, and I am now down the street from the Vatican! Literally! We have decks on our seventh floor rooms, so we were all eating Italian pizzas out there last night as the sun set over Rome, looking at the dome of St. Peter's. Incredible! Also, I figured out why there is so much gelato over here--it's HOT! And, bonus! by the time you're done with your gelato, half of it has melted down the front of your shirt. Nice and cool.

I am currently at an inernet cafe and my technilogical skills mostly consist of opening and closing internet pages and iTunes, so there won't be any picture uploads. Which is really unfortunate, becuase it's amazing here. But they will arrive at some point. But for now, ciao mi amici!

3 comments:

Amanda and Steve said...

You know,ever since I saw "Broken Down Castles" I have been terrified of being thrown into a foreign prison, especially a Thai prison even though I have never been to Thailand. In Europe, I was always nervous crossing into another country even though I hadn't done anything wrong. And when I even crossed over to Canada I was too nervous to even talk because I was afraid I would incriminate myself for something I didn't do and my roommate in the passanger seat of the car had to explain why we were there. Maybe I need therapy...

Amanda and Steve said...

I just reminded myself that it's called "Brokedown Palace." Woops.

Katelyn Marie said...

I feel the impulsive need to comment on every blog entry you make. Is it spelled gilato in Italy and gelato in the states? Or did you just misspell? PS. I'm not trying to point out an error as some may think, I really am curious. Because if the italians spell it gilato, then I will spell it gilato the rest of my days. VIVA LA ITALIA! I love you.