Sunday, August 24, 2008

Leiberhaustengasselaubheil...means apple

...ok, that's not true. But these are the kinds of words we're dealing with here!! You would think, since English is a GERMANic language, that there would be some similarities!! Think again.



I finally made it to Vienna! After a lot of hours, a few flights, a ten hour lay over in London, a few wrong turns and misinformation mishaps in town, I finally made it to the hostel at about 1am last night. errr, this morning. I've never stayed in a hostel before, but I'm actually kind of impressed with the quality of this one. Luckily (or maybe unluckily. No drunken, hardly intelligible roommates stumbling in at 1:30am to make my night more interesting), we got a private three person room. And the beds are cumfy! Better than my bed at school, actually. The subway system here is great (although that doesn't mean we haven't gotten lost a few times), so we never have to walk very far before we can catch it to whever we're going. But we still try to do a lot of walking. Why miss the scenery?



Today we went to a church in Vienna, and, as luck would have it, a friend of mine from High School is serving a mission in that very ward! Austin Lee! It was weird not to give him a hug. Which is unfortunate, because he should get some kind of medal for the quality of his hugs. He gave us a bunch of tips on what to see and translated part of the Sacrament meeting for us. It was so great to see him! We also had some ice cream before we came back to the hostel, and it kicks American ice cream's trash. Speaking of kicking America's trash, if you ever get the chance to eat a Nestlie's Breakaway biscuit, take it! Thank you, Europe, for giving the world European chocolate.

View from the bottom of St. Stephans. It was huge!!!

2 comments:

Katelyn Marie said...

SHARKID!! I love your blog. I just favorited it. What is the title from? I had a feeling you expected me to understand the connection but I really don't. AUSTIN AUSTIN LEE!! Was he funny and missionary like or pretty much the same? Also.. his hugs are amazing. I miss you desperately already--it's ridiculous. Love you.

Ps. you know how you have to do a word verification thing to comment so the computer knows you're not a robot--mine for this one is"eatbmx"--just seems funny

Wetzel said...

Okay, great blog, fun comments. Hope you don't get lost...again. And I'm waiting for the real story for how you found your way to your hostel from the airport at 1 am.

Tell cutie (hot item, available) Linds I love her, and Adrienne...of course I love her too! I'm glad she's there with you guys, I know, dad is coming out of me, a thousand appologies.

Jilly